Thursday 19 July 2012

forever


Sports in America and probably other countries are played at any age.  I think that is why I enjoy sports so much.  You can participate in all these different sports throughout your entire life.  There is not an expiration date as to how old you have to be when you have to stop playing sports.  You might have an expiration date for professional sports, but just for fun, as long as you are healthy you can participate in games.

            Sport is one of the first events I participated in as a child.  From a very earlier age, my parents put me in as many activities and sports that I would allow them to sign me up for.  Eventually I quit most of them and only focused on a few particular ones, but I played several sports as a child.  I played soccer, softball, basketball, tennis and volleyball.  I also evolved in my sports.  I graduated from tee ball to softball and from bounce ball to volleyball.  As a child it was weird to not play sports at your local playground.  Then there was grammar school or grade school.  I mainly focused on volleyball and soccer, but there was still this sense of joy that came from playing almost every sport that my school offered.  I guess you could say I felt a sense of nationalism for my school and was honored to play and hopefully win games for my school.  When high school came around, I had picked my sport and it was soccer.  I focused so much of my time on soccer.  I played high school and club and practiced three to four days a week not including games.  Even though I decided not to play soccer in college, I still play intramurals and for an indoor team.  There is always going to be a chance for me to participate in sports throughout my life.

            Sport has become a part of America’s culture.  Not everyone plays sports, but I believe that everyone knows a little about sport.  It is so easy for kids to become involved in sports because they are available at every age and at every skill level.  I believe that sports helps kids grow to become better people and work well with others.  They also help adults to relax and just have a good time.  Many jobs with offer a type of fun intramural league of softball or something that their employees can join.  There is just a lot of joy and happiness that can come from a simple game, and I believe that people should continue to play as long as there are able. 

No comments:

Post a Comment